(1) A child told the mother: “Mum you are very beautiful today.”
Replied the mother : “Why?” The child said : “ Because you did not
get angry today .” Moral of the story: 1. It is easy to possess
beauty:- do not get angry. 2. Anger is temporary madness.
(2) A man attended an interview for a job. Along the corridor, he
picked up a piece and threw it into a dustbin. The interviewer
passed by and saw it. This man got the job. Moral of the story:
Live with good habits, and you will be recognised.
(3) A small boy worked as an apprentice in a bicycle shop. A man
sent a bicycle for repair. After repairing the bicycle, this boy
cleaned up the bicycle and it looked like a new one. Other
apprentices laughed at him for doing redundant work. The second day
after the owner claimed the bicycle back, this boy was pinched and
offered a job. Moral of the story : 1. Go the extra mile to be
successful. 2. Doing more gains more & Doing less loses more.
(4) The owner of a farm asked his child to work everyday at the
farm. His friend said to him : “ You do not have to make your son
work so hard. The crops would grow just as good.” Owner of the farm
replied: “ I am not cultivating my crops, but my child.” Moral of the
story: 1. A simple way to groom a child is to let him experience
some hardships. 2. If not cut, jade would not turn into useful ware.
(5) A shop is always brightly lit up. Someone asked : “What brand of
bulb are you using ? It is so lasting.” The shop owner replied : “Our
bulbs blew out frequently. We replaced them once a bulb blew out.”
Moral of the story: 1. It is simple to maintain brightness , change
the bulbs regularly. 2. To brightening up everyday life :
(6) Endeavour to abandon unwholesome states of mind and make an
effort to encourage wholesome states to grow.