5 great ways to search for PDF documents online
Here are some tips and websites to search for PDF files online.
#1. Search for PDF files with Google Search
- You can search for PDF files using Google. It searches the web for files with extension being PDF rather than links.
- For example when you want to search for PDF files regarding CSS just type in “CSS filetype:pdf” without the quotes into the search bar.
- This will make Google pull up relevant PDF files on CSS.
#2. Search for PDF files with Bing
- What works with Google also works with Bing search engine.
- To have Bing search for only PDF files need to write the keyword first and then file type has to be defined.
- I searched for PDF files on CSS with this query “CSS Filetype:pdf” without the quotes.
#3. PDF Search Engine
PDF Search Engine is a website which has been covered before on DW.
- It allowed me to search for only PDF files online. No fancy filetypes had to be defined as this website only searches for files which are in PDF format.
#4. Search PDF Geni
- Search PDF also looks up a decent list of PDF files with any keyword. It is pretty similar to PDF search Engine.
- The only downside is that it supports multiple languages and sometimes with keywords like “CSS” it can give you results which are not necessarily in your language.
#5. Search PDF files on Yahoo Search
- Just like we can search for only PDF files with Google and Bing, I could also search for PDF files with Yahoo Search.
- With Yahoo the example to use for the query is “CSS originurlextension:pdf” without the quotes.